Why Online Reputation Management can be Crucial for Your Business
Online Reputation Management has become a critical aspect for all businesses in the digital age. The way a brand identifies itself and how the public perceives determines its reputation. Any business/ company that wishes to expand must be conscious of its public image. That image can make or break a company’s success.
Businesses must always project a positive image. Having a positive online reputation is a great way to maintain a relationship with current customers and build brand awareness with potential customers.
Given the growing popularity of social media, third-party review websites, blogs, and other digital platforms, diligence in maintaining the reputation is a must.
Businesses in 2021 recognize the value of monitoring what is being said about their company online. Companies are devoting resources to online reputation management (ORM), which is the process of preserving a positive brand image online.
Some Facts with Online Reputation:
- Online reviews are trusted by 79% of users as much as personal recommendations from friends or family.
- Negative reviews can have a significant impact, with 92% of consumers saying they are less likely to frequent a business after reading negative reviews.
- Businesses risk losing 22% of business when potential customers find one negative article on the first page of their search results.
- If three negative articles pop up in a search query, the potential for lost customers increases to 59.2%.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on businesses, with 67% of consumers saying they would not patronize a company if reviews indicated that COVID-19 health and safety measures were lacking.
What exactly is Online Reputation Management?
Online Reputation Management is about monitoring and shaping company’s online character as a part of strategy. To repair a bad reputation or maintain a positive image, a variety of strategies are used, that includes Digital Marketing Services as a process.
Read all the information and facts about Digital Marketing here- What exactly does Digital Marketing means?
For companies to maintain and identify their digital reputation, Online Reputation Management [ORM] has become a critical business strategy. Ryan Goff, Chief Marketing Officer and Social Media Marketing Director at MGH, Inc., states “It is surprising that not all businesses see Online Reputation Management as critical to their success. In fact, almost all of the companies should focus on Online Reputation”.
What does Online Reputation Management Services include?
Reputation management services analyze, protect, and restore a company’s online image using a variety of strategies.
Some key strategies include:
- Social Media Monitoring and Management: While social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram can help you grow your business or brand, it only takes one inappropriate photo or comment to create a nightmare. Your social media profiles can be monitored by reputation management services. They can also manage your company’s social media efforts by planning posts to maximize engagement.
- Content Development and Management: The process of originating (creating), editing, and maintaining content to provide knowledgeable information to users is content development. You need high-quality content to rank well in search engines and build a good reputation. Reputation management services will collaborate with your company to create new content so that your target customers/clients can immediately find positive information about you or your business.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the visibility of your online content in popular search engines like Google. Consumers searching for topics related to your business will be more likely to find you if reputation management firms incorporate SEO. If negative information about your company appears in search results, the reputation management company can counteract it with truthful, positive content.
Phil Frost, an American entrepreneur states: “Successful SEO is not about tricking Google. It’s about Partnering with Google to provide best search results for the clients/customers.”
- Review Acquisition and Management: Many reputation management services assist companies in obtaining and managing online reviews. These services use techniques to entice people to leave reviews. When customers leave positive reviews, the company promotes them on Google, Facebook, etc. When people leave negative reviews, your company is notified so that it can address the issue. Some services offer software that enables businesses to manage their reviews from a single location. According to a survey, 84% of people trust online reviews as much as a personal recommendation.
- Competitor Monitoring: Competitive benchmarking is a less common but still useful aspect of reputation management. This is the process of tracking your competitor’s local search terms, social activity, online mentions, reviews, and other factors to see how your business stacks up against them.
Some other ORM strategies will also include,
- Online Brand Audit
- Social Network Analysis
- Lessen the Impact of Negative Links
- Continuing Reputation Protection
Online reputation management is a critical component to consider because it allows businesses to keep track of their online reputation on a regular basis. Because online content is constantly changing, people’s perceptions of a brand can shift overnight. Businesses must determine what is being said about them online and the if the comments need response.
Why to consider Online Reputation Management for Your Business?
- Business Image: When negative information about a brand is spread on the internet, the brand’s customer loyalty could be ruined. As a result, the business’ bottom line may suffer. In the blink of an eye, they can lose the respect they have earned over all the years they have been in business.
However, when it comes to building a company’s image, the effective online reputation management strategies can help. Businesses can build their brand image they want by monitoring responses on any of their communication channels on a regular basis.
- Online Visibility: A well-designed and content-rich website or company blog is essential for online visibility. These online channels are incorporated into social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube. All these platforms are fantastic marketing tools.
They do, however, require proper management to deal with daily user activities. The best solution for managing these regular user activities is an online reputation management service.
- Good Business Insights: An effective online digital reputation management strategy can provide valuable insights into how companies can raise brand awareness. Each review is important because it can be a great way to attract new customers if it is focused on the right channel. The reviews serve as feedback, which can assist businesses in improving their operations and even planning, particularly when launching a new product or service. Even if a negative review is received, any capable marketing team can deal with it by addressing the issues. When you begin working on this, you will see how beneficial online reputation management can be.
- Trust and Credibility: Thanks to the internet, particularly social media platforms, consumers can express their opinions on anything. People are more likely to purchase from brands that they are familiar with and trust. Customers must be able to rely on any business. Therefore, companies must find new ways to build customer/client’s trust.
One of the best ways they can do this is to avoid negative reviews. No one wants to be associated with a company that has a negative public perception.
- Profits: Who enters into serious business and not expect to make a profit? Businesses with a good online reputation tend to attract more customers. Companies with a negative reputation or a high number of negative reviews miss out on significant opportunities and profits.
Every business needs to have strong Digital Marketing Strategies and especially online reputation management. Companies that actively manage their reputations can expect to enjoy the benefits of their efforts.
Get in touch with the team that can efficiently surge your company’s online reputation.