The Positive Impact of a BPM Center of Excellence for a Consumer Product Company
Our client is known throughout the world as one of the leading beauty supply companies. Their Supply Chain Manufacturing transformation initiative needed a Business Process Management Center of Excellence to support the effort. The goal was to optimize business processes and reduce IT portfolio footprint by aligning business strategy, processes and IT investments through the implementation of this Business Process Management COE.
PamTen’s team reviewed the goals, deadlines, and current processes with the client’s key personnel. A BPM Center of Excellence was set up with process standards, templates, and guidelines that could be utilized throughout the initiative and act as a format for future endeavors. To accomplish this, PamTen:
- Established the BPM Governance to enforce discipline in process management.
- Helped senior executives from both IT and business to define Enterprise Business Process architecture.
- Configured enterprise filters and standards, defining governance processes for enterprise use of ARIS.
- Developed various business models demonstrating the business and IT alignment from strategy to operations.
- Provided a roadmap and recommendations for simplifying the IT architecture for their biggest market.
- Created a business case to demonstrate ARIS capabilities to senior IT & business executives.
- Provided training in BPM and ARIS tool suite.
At the conclusion, the client had clear guidance, actionable items, and a strong tool which helped them meet their internal goals. Benefits of the BPM included:
- A central repository of reusable business processes and IT assets governed and managed by appropriate business users.
- Being able to make faster and more informed decision-making process to support optimized IT investments.
- Developed a better and more collaborative environment of Business and IT processes.
- An optimized IT portfolio which reduced 30% of redundant interfaces.
- Well Integrated POM, enterprise architecture, and software development functions through the governance processes.