Bringing Business Process Management Protocols to a Major Healthcare Life Sciences Firm
Our Client is a global BioPharma company firmly focused on its mission to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines that help patients overcome serious diseases. They determined that they needed to create a Business Process Center Of Excellence to support their ongoing business transformation efforts. They also wanted to analyze BPM tools and establish a BPM tool competency center that integrated with their IT Governance, Enterprise Architecture and Lean Six Sigma efforts.
PamTen’s team determined that the IT strategy that would be most efficient would utilize Lean Six Sigma Methodologies. The process involved:
- Analyzing BPM tools, providing a detailed comparison, and making best practices recommendations.
- Create a business case to demonstrate ARIS capabilities to Senior IT & business operations executives.
- Establishing a BPM Center Of Excellence to enforce discipline in process management and incorporate the use of the ARIS tool.
- Helping senior executives from both IT and business to define Enterprise IT Architecture.
- Developing various business models demonstrating the business and IT alignment from Strategy through to Operations.
- Creating governance around the use of ARIS enterprise architecture tool.
- Provide training in BPM protocols and the ARIS tool suite.
Our clients business and IT operations were more aligned to achieve the company’s goals and successful growth through a number of transitional phases. They received:
- A central repository of reusable Business processes and IT assets governed and managed by business users.
- The ability to make faster and better informed decision making through applicable processes to support optimized IT investments.
- Better Alignment of Business and IT development.
- An optimized IT portfolio that reduced redundant interfaces.
- A well integrated POM, enterprise architecture, and software development functions through the governance processes.
- A successfully implemented ITIL framework to support information technology processes and SCOR framework to support supply chain processes.
- An integrated BPM CEO with lean six sigma business transformation efforts by enabling process definitions roles, ownership, and process metrics.