Role: Technical Project Manager
Experience: 8+ years
As a Technical Project Manager, you will
- Work closely with client business leaders and end users to understand their business objectives and processes
- Lead the requirement collection activities including creating workshops, interview schedules and agendas
- Facilitate requirement gathering workshops and interviews to identify, translate and document business and user needs into detailed, testable, and verifiable business, functional and system requirement specifications
- Facilitate communications between solution architects, developers, quality assurance analysts and business users as required throughout the requirement analysis, design and testing phases to ensure the defined requirements are interpreted correctly
- Create and maintain project deliverables as defined by the development methodology used in the assigned projects
- Work closely with the delivery manager and solutions director to provide project management and coordination as required
- Work closely with the quality assurance lead and the business users during system testing and user acceptance testing to ensure that requirements are thoroughly tested and if necessary, assist with executing test cases.
- Participate in the creation of end user and system training plans and documentation, facilitate training sessions
- Collaborate with the Solutions team on new business proposals and projects which may require the collection, analysis, and documentation of information and/or data.
Skills & Qualifications
- 8+ years’ experience as a project manager in software development. Strong Microsoft technology development experience is an added advantage.
- Experience with formal project management methodologies, best practices, system development life cycle and product development life-cycle
- Experience working with offshore development and testing teams
- Experience with translating business and user needs into detailed, testable, and verifiable business, functional and system requirement specifications preferably for web-based applications
- Experience with documenting specifications for business intelligence or information technology reports, dashboards
- Experience with business process design techniques
- Experience with Microsoft office suite of products
- Hands on experience of implementing projects in both waterfall and agile methodologies
- Experience in release management, continuous development, continuous integration, and continuous deployment processes.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Must be capable of gaining client and end user confidence and trust
- Must be willing to occasionally work additional hours to support the needs of the business
- Must be capable of maintaining a high level of productivity in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Sciences, Information Technologies, Business Science, and Computer Science preferred
- IIBA, PMP or six sigma certification a plus
- Applicants must be able to provide samples of documentation they have authored.